Category Design is the most powerful (underground) skill in business.
Category Designers introduce us to new ways of living, working and playing. They break new ground, make a big difference and in business, earn (on average) 76% of the total value created in the market category they design.
Category Pirates 🏴☠️ is on a mission to help entrepreneurs, executives, marketers, product makers, writers and creators design and dominate market categories – Through writing and podcasting. If that’s you, you might enjoy pirating with us.
Now, you should know. Our work is not for everyone:
* People with a vested interest in the way it is, rarely create a different future.
* Many believe the best product wins.
* Many think the best brand wins.
* And many think “personal branding” is smart.
Category Design is not for them.
* 10X #1 author
* Follow Your Different (“best business podcast” – Podcast Magazine)
* Lochhead on Marketing (#1 charting)
* Category Pirates 🏴☠️ Substack (top 0.5% paid business newsletter)
* Category Pirates 🏴☠️ (#1 charting book series on Amazon)
* Play Bigger: (1st book on Category Design)
* Niche Down: (1st Category Design book for small business)
* Advisor & Venture Capital limited partner
* Former 3X Silicon Valley public co CMO (Vantive, Scient, Mercury)
“Off-putting to some” – The Economist
“If Jack Daniels wasn’t already named Jack Daniels, they’d have to call it Christopher Lochhead”
– Bob Evans, Cloud Wars Podcast
“Best business podcast” – Podcast Magazine
“One of the greatest minds in marketing” – The Marketing Journal
“Annoying host” – Podcast Review
“A quasar” – NBA Legend Bill Walton
“Every entrepreneur looking to alter the landscape and every CEO looking to reimagine their business can learn from this book. Play Bigger provides inspiration and a framework for building companies that transcend gravity.” – Marc Benioff, chairman and CEO, Salesforce
“Over-rated” – Podcast Review
“If podcasts are to the 2020’s what rock-n-roll was to the 60’s (and I believe they are), that makes Christopher Lochhead a rockstar. “ – Monroe Jones Grammy Award Winning Producer
“Play Bigger is required reading” – Tina Seelig Stanford Prof
“Uses profanity needlessly” – Podcast Review